Bacon Blue Cheese Dip 02-Oct-2011
I don’t know where I found this recipe, but it makes a great dip. Someone tried on their burger at a BBQ and declared it wonderful.
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped (vidalia or walla-walla are best in this)
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups light mayo or miracle whip
- 8 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium hot skillet, cook the bacon.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onion and garlic to the bacon grease in the skillet and cook until the onion is translucent. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the bowl.
- Add the mayo, blue cheese and pepper; mix thoroughly.
This is one of those recipes you have to play around with quantities to get it to the consistency you’d like. More/less mayo, more/less blue cheese, etc. More bacon? You bet! Less bacon? NO WAY!
The recipe says to only cook the onions and garlic until translucent. I think this recipe would be made awesomer and awesomer if you took the onions all the way to carmelized: carmelized onions.