Refridgerator Pickles 26-Jun-2011
I haven’t actually tried this recipe yet, but I love me some pickles, so someday I will do this.
- 2 quarts cucumbers - peel and slice (use food processor for the slicing)
- Dill (1 head for bottom of bowl, 1 head for top)
- 1 onion, chopped (food processor again, FTW)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vinegar (she doesn’t specify what kind of vinegar here)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
Combine sliced cucumbers and onion in a bowl, pour salt over them. Let stand for a half hour.
Drain off juice from cucumber and onion mixture.
Place dill in the bottom of a bowl, put drained cucumber and onion mix in bowl, place the other dill on top.
Mix sugar, vinegar and celery seed together until sugar is dissolved.
Pour sugar and vinegar mix over all.
Let stand 24 hours in refrigerator.